Monday, February 18, 2008

Redneck for a day



Did a ride along, 4 laps, 1.5 minutes!
I got belted in, driver says "ready?" and hits it. I think I got the best ride of the day because there we no other cars on the track. First turn I thought I was on my side looking at the pavement. The turns are 14 degree embankments. With my head slamming against the inside frame of the car it was a little disorienting at first, besides feeling a little dizzy. Out of the turn to speed up and all you can feel is the raw power of the engine and a hell of a lot of noise. No talking during this ride (that's what she said!)
I tried to remain upright as possible during the turns, but that's probably what sent me to the chiropractor this week. They need a fake steering wheel or something to hang on. After the race I talked to the guy that drive the truck if an accident happens. I think the fumes are getting to him. He told us the exact same story when we were waiting to enter the track 30 minutes ago. Almost word for word! But, all together a fun time and maybe I'll save up for the drive. As long as my wife doesn't hear about the guy who died at Daytona.

No comments: