Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Recap

So,yeah, its been awhile. Let me expain -- No, there is too much. Let me sum up. Buttercup is marrying Humperdinck in a little less than half an hour, so all we have to do is get in, break up the wedding, steal the Princess, make our escape after I kill Count Rugen. Tampa Bay Rays loses the World series, both the Bills and Bucs are looking shaky and I have a great time at the Metallica concert. Here's the set list:
11/6/08 Qwest Center , Omaha, NE
That Was Just Your Life, The End of the Line- Death Magnetic
Creeping Death- Ride the Lightning
The Thing That Should Not Be- Master of Puppets
One- ...and Justice for All
Broken, Beat & Scarred, Cyanide- Death Magnetic
Sad But True, Wherever I May Roam- Metallica (the Black Album)
No Remorse- Kill 'em All
The Day That Never Comes- Death Magnetic
Master Of Puppets- guess which?
Fight Fire With Fire- Ride the Lightning
Nothing Else Matters, Enter Sandman- Metallica
Die Die My Darling- Garage Inc
Blitzkrieg- Creeping Death EP
Seek and Destroy- Kill 'em All
The crowd was very responsive to the new, as well as old favorite songs. They played a much better show than last time I saw them in Tampa, Nov 2004. But, the Tampa show had a better opening act, Godsmack. This time it was The Sword and Down. I was just able to catch the end of Down's set and they sounded good. I wonder how the conversation went with the former lead singer of Pantera, now lead for Down, to open for Metallica. Phil had previously dogged Metallica for not being real metal back in the 90's. But Pepper is good friends with Metallica, so that's probably why they are along. I'm listening to The Sword as I write this and so far not impressed. Somebody must be, since they are around for the full tour, even while doing other side gigs along the way. Down drops out later and Lamb of God is the replacement.
Anyway, I am a big fan of the Death Magnetic and the songs a good live. They punch it up in the middle of 4 new songs with One then 2 crowd pleasers from the black album. Looks live the Black album is Omaha's favorite. But I was standing next to an old school fan so we both were excited to hear Thingy. Its in my top 5 and to hear it live was just pure awesomeness. I wonder when they might stop playing Enter Sandman. I've heard James say he hates the song now and his fav to play live is Fuel. The closing songs of Die and Blitz had my wife pissed off. She wanted more album stuff. They turned up the house lights and released giant inflated black beach balls. I'm sure they thought the crowd would bounce them all around but they were quickly snagged as mementos. I couldn't get a pic, but a dude on the floor with an eyepatch with a ball bigger than him would have made a good pic. If I can figure out how to edit the awful camera video together I might put that up. Email me if you would like to be tortured with 4 - 15 sec clips of shitty quality sound and video. All made possible by Samsung. I'm listening to Lamb of God now... I can't stand this either. Switch over to Down. Now, I'm mad I missed this. They sound good. Temptations Wings real good. Sounds real close to being Pantera again.

No comments: