Saturday, June 7, 2008

"Here we go..."

That's what I said when I saw something large in my rear view mirror, moving a little too fast and a little too close for comfort. I don't know why I said that.
My car got dinged a little.
Hit while sitting at a red light.
The other driver was doing about 30
and I don't think she ever applied the brakes. Good thing I had my foot on the brake or I would have been pushed into crossing traffic. Fuckin' bitch's car hardly had a scratch on it. So there's what looks like about 4 grand of damage. Maybe I can get in an oil change, tire rotation, air conditioner recharge thrown in for free.
I should have sent my wife to the hospital to get her foot looked at. While in Miami, almost a month ago, a bar stool was dropped on her foot and it's still bruised. Then the insurance would pay for it like it was from the accident. Now I get to drive around in a sweet automatic white Mitsubishi Galant. I felt like a retard driving it this morning. Coming to a red light, thinking like I was normally driving my stick shift, I put both feet on the brake pedal for a complete stop 50 yards from the light. Good way top wake up in the morning, whiplash!!

No comments: